New Member Hello

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
RuthLG

Post by RuthLG »

Hello! I'm Ruth living in Taipei, Taiwan. I've been here a few years directing radio drama - among other things. I'm not sure how much longer I"ll be here but I'm curious if there are other readers on the Island Formosa.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Welcome here, RuthLG. :)

I am not from Formosa Island, neither the one nor the other :). Do you speak one of the other languages, too?
RuthLG

Post by RuthLG »

No, Living in Taipei. it's easy to be lazy about learning a new language. Many signs are bilingual, as are many people. It seems there's always someone who is willing to help, as needed. Many seem anxious to practice English (it's a required subject in school and it seems popular among young people who want to "get ahead") So I know enough to guide a cab driver. I know random words and phrases. My favorite sentence, (could be my only full sentence), translates: "Your English is better than my Chinese."
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

A whole sentence is already way more than I know in mandarin :lol: and giving directions to a cab driver would be a challenge I couldn't master. So compared to me you are speaking ;)

Happy New Year :)