Hi there! New to Librivox and raring to go

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
BobKlingerman

Post by BobKlingerman »

Good evening! My name is Bob Klingerman and I just got my membership approved this afternoon. I'm looking to get started in just about anything folks will let me help out on, and am looking for any and all suggestions, criticisms, compliments, and advice you kind folks will give me.

How are all of you doing this cold cold day (at least up here in New England)?
I'm always looking for advice on everything from forum etiquette I might be unknowingly violating to my recordings. Please don't hold back, I want to improve
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome!

So far, so good. :) Your very first post, where you say you recorded a section already: did you upload it? You need to copy the web address that appears when the download finishes, and post that in the project thread. Otherwise no one will know you've uploaded it.

If you have already uploaded it, go ahead and do it again, and post the link in the project thread this time. No worries about sending it twice. 8-)

EDIT: Oh, wait - that section you talked about is already claimed by another reader. No worries. Post the link in a new thread in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum, and we can use it as your preliminary test to check your settings.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Good evening, Tricia! Good evening, fellows who kindly help this nice audiobook project to keep on alive. My English is not that good, so pardon me, please. I had the satisfaction of getting a reply that calmed my eagerness about recording an official text soon, since I just sent my 1 minute test. Thank you so much for that, again! Having graduated in Literature, reading is, for sure, one of my best hobbies, and being involved in such a wonderful project as this one will be a great pleasure to me. Also, Portuguese books readers mightn't represent a considerable number of volunteers. Hopefully I'll be able of doing a good job.