Greetings!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
jacqsvoice

Post by jacqsvoice »

Seasons greetings everyone! I'm thrilled to find out, only yesterday (12/24/17), about LibriVox. This is a great opportunity to volunteer reading for audiobooks! Not only do I help bring audiobooks into the public domain, but at the same time will be honing my skills. I am an aspiring voice over talent, in Nashville, TN, interested mostly in eLearning and corporate narrations. Also, with LibriVox, I hope for the chance to read some good books. What could be better?

I majored in English- writing emphasis at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, where I graduated in 1997. I am a graduate of the law school at American University in Washington, D.C. and speak intermediate Spanish. I don't think I'll venture out just yet to record a book in Spanish. Who knows, though, what the future brings? I have a 16-year old son who I adore, and for 15 years I've worked for the state of Tennessee as an unemployment hearing officer. I enjoy watching cat videos, working out, and I'm vegan. Nothing better than a slice of fresh, vegan pizza from the Whole Foods Market.

-Jacqueline S. (Jacqs)
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Welcome here, jaqcsvoice :). There will be plenty to do, and why not also Spanish books? Only the 1-minute-test must be mastered before, so that we know the tech specs are right :)
jacqsvoice wrote:Nothing better than a slice of fresh, vegan pizza from the Whole Foods Market.
And now I am hungry :roll: ;)

Fortunately dinner will be ready in an instant - not vegan, but still good. :)
jacqsvoice

Post by jacqsvoice »

Thank you, Moniaqua! I'm glad there will be plenty to do, and maybe I will give a Spanish reading a try. You encourage me. :) Enjoy your dinner.