Newbie Holiday Greetings!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
shadagee

Post by shadagee »

I've just stumbled in here looking for audio books, and my interest is very piqued by volunteering to read! There's 30 years of broadcast experience in writing and producing behind me, as well as preserving an archive of 16mm news film and 3/4" videotape going back to 1957. Losing battle, that. I also have a very bad amateur acting career from school and community theatre. I'm enough of a ham to want to try this. While I'm poking around the site, does anyone have suggestions about something small to get started? This sounds like such a worthwhile project and hits so many of my interests, I feel I have to explore it.
Debbie
carteki

Post by carteki »

Hello and hope you enjoy it here.

We're always looking for people to do "other stuff" like Proof Listening, Editing of dramatic works and if you have a creative bent cover designing!
For something short I would take a looking in the Short Stories / Poetry thread which will have some smaller pieces to read. We usually suggest looking for around 2k words as a first try - which is about 40min recording time.

Anon
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi there and welcome to LV!

Ham-acting? Your contributions will be very welcome over in "Dramatic Works". :wink:

Small stuff to start with... weekly poetry is a good start to dip your toes in, we should also have a few children's books with short chapters - not more than 10 minutes or so - in the works somewhere. I'm sure, if you browse through our "readers wanted" forums, you'll find something interesting!

Have fun on here!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com