Hello all. My name is Dravon

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
dravon

Post by dravon »

Howdy. I heard about this project from my husband who enjoys listening to it as he drives around for work. I've wanted to learn about voicing and recording and editing, so figured this would be an awesome way to teach myself and do something good at the same time. I have done readings of books for myself so I can play them back later. A project I wanted to share was Agrippa's Books of the Occult, but I think that would be an awesome project to do through here rather than on my own. Well, once I've learned what I'm doing and get the sound quality dialed in.

I'm in central California, within minutes of the beach. I have 2 cats, ride horses in medieval re-enactment of the jousting games, plan to get another dog (one of the shepherd breeds) in the future to do agility trials with, and have a sewing blog as well as my own embroidery business. I also just started in Toastmasters, so hopefully that will dovetail nicely with here - give me lots of practice speaking!

Take care and I'm looking forward to contributing to this great endeavor!

- Dravon
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome!

In going down the rabbit hole of internet searching, I found this: https://archive.org/details/cu31924028928236

It's probably one of the better scans/editions of the books you're talking about. It is a newer book (1898), so it doesn't have the long S that is in older texts - which can be hard to read.

Good idea to get your feet under you before starting a project you've got feelings for. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart