Greetings from Mexico

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
conymarquez

Post by conymarquez »

Hello everyone :wink:

My name is Cony Marquez and I am a 42 years old Mexican Historian with a PhD in Latin American History by the University of Arizona. I discovered this web site through Amazon Digital Books which I enjoy very much. I bought the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and they offered a free audio and then I came to know and enjoy LibriVox.

I am very happy of such wonderful resource and will like to offer my expertise as a reader both on Spanish, my native language, and English my academic language.

It is a great project and it will be an honor to reach culture and fight ignorance with the reading voice recording of the best books.

Glad to join this comunity! :)
Cori

Post by Cori »

Oooh, welcome here, Cony. Language skills always very welcome here. Not that it's bad to read in English, that's a good contribution to make, but there are so many books beyond it too! And not nearly enough volunteers to take them on.

Please do just ask if you have any questions. I'd recommend starting with the 1-min test, to be sure that your setup and volume are all configured to make life easy for everyone. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
conymarquez

Post by conymarquez »

Thank you for the welcome Cori! :D

I will definitely take your advice on the video and will start right a way with the first project, Auguste Comte's and then will see if I can start with one in Spanish.

I am excited to give something back, I love culture and all that represents human improvement get my attention!
Kind regards from Mexico,
Cony
Salmamaldo

Post by Salmamaldo »

Encontré alguien de México al fiiin! Cómo vas? Sigues en esto? Yo estoy que quiero y no entiendo náh!
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

conymarquez wrote: November 10th, 2017, 5:13 pm Hello everyone :wink: My name is Cony Marquez and I am a 42 years old Mexican Historian with a PhD in Latin American History by the University of Arizona. Glad to join this comunity! :)
WELCOME! There is a post from someone in Mexico that is two down from your introduction. It is in Spanish and I only speak enough Spanish to order beer and food. :mrgreen: Maybe you can pop in on their thread as no one has welcomed them yet and say hello from all of us? I have about three weeks before I receive my PhD. (Physical Hearing Disorder). Sorry Doc, it is just my sense of humor. Anyway, glad to have you on board!! :9: