New and Confused

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
10jacobj

Post by 10jacobj »

Hello, my name is Jessica and I am new here. I see that there are videos for new people, but there are so many I don't know what to watch. Can someone help? Oh and do I need a microphone attachment or will my computer microphone work?
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Hello Jessica!

Welcome to LibriVox! :D

Start by reading the welcome e-mail you have received, and by browsing our Wiki.

The link to the Wiki is always at the top of every forum page (just lift your eyes to the very top edge of this page).

The Wiki page with links to instructional videos does suggest the order, we hope. Just start from the first one, and then the next...

The fitness of your internal microphone can be determined by your making the 1-minute test with it. See the Wiki page on the 1-minute test. Some built-in mics are good. Some... not so much. But before you go to look for a dedicated mic, do try to record something and let's listen to it together. When you have recorded your 1-minute test, make a new post in the Listeners Wanted forum and solicit feedback. Somebody will read it, listen to your recording (which will have uploaded) and help you take it further.

Again, welcome! You're on the right track already, so don't worry and keep going. :thumbs:
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

10jacobj wrote:Hello, my name is Jessica and I am new here. I see that there are videos for new people, but there are so many I don't know what to watch. Can someone help? Oh and do I need a microphone attachment or will my computer microphone work?
I used my laptop's built-in mic for months when I first started, so there's a chance for yours too, I bet.
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
10jacobj

Post by 10jacobj »

Thank you! :mrgreen: