Hey, Everyone! I'm Will, and I do voices.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
WillDoesVoices

Post by WillDoesVoices »

Hi! I'm an aspiring voice actor/ VO artist and I happened across LibriVox a few months ago and I was instantly excited. I have been looking to get into a community of creators and fellow VO folks, and St. Louis (my home city) just isn't the market for it.

Info on what I'm working with: I use a Yeti USB mic by Blue, and I put that in a 1.5'x1.5'x1.5' cardboard box with sound foam on the inner walls to isolate when I record. It's not glamorous, but it gets the job done until I can upgrade. In addition to that, I have both GarageBand & Audacity for software, but I'm more comfortable with GarageBand (I have my degree in Graphic Design and was taught on a mac, so that's what I know).

I plan on recording my test here soon. I'm in a wedding in about two weeks that's consuming all of my time, however, as soon as that's done I'll be ready to jump into recording some projects! And, as mentioned above: I am a graphic designer, so feel free to contact me if you need graphic work for any digital covers and what not.

I look forward to future projects with you all, and if you want to know more, feel free to ask! Also, I have a Youtube channel and podcast you can check out at the links below:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIrNOl77ejmAPFQh4c4JKg
https://soundcloud.com/fanboywasted
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome!

Well, you have a better setup than probably 80% of our regular readers. LOL! Me? I have a Samson Q1U on a mic stand next to my La-Z-Boy in the living room. 8-)

Look forward to hearing you! Regarding covers, here's the thread (info is all in the first post, and dibs are on a first-come, first-served basis after the soloist or BC gets first dibs). viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
WillDoesVoices

Post by WillDoesVoices »

Then it sounds like I'm in the right place! I'll be sure to post my test and any cover art in the appropriate threads.

Thanks!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I hope we see you soon over in the Dramatic Works forum! We need more male voices in there, in particular! :thumbs:
RafaTheGreat

Post by RafaTheGreat »

Hey there, WillDoesVoices! Welcome to the community!

I am also an aspiring voice actor. I joined LibriVox a few days ago. (How 'bout that?) :)
Your setup sounds super nice.
Can't wait to hear what you do!

Happy Recording!

Matthew
WillDoesVoices

Post by WillDoesVoices »

Elizabby wrote:I hope we see you soon over in the Dramatic Works forum! We need more male voices in there, in particular! :thumbs:
Good to hear it! I'm planning on posting my 1 minute test sometime this week, and then start diving into some projects!

-Will
WillDoesVoices

Post by WillDoesVoices »

RafaTheGreat wrote:Hey there, WillDoesVoices! Welcome to the community!

I am also an aspiring voice actor. I joined LibriVox a few days ago. (How 'bout that?) :)
Your setup sounds super nice.
Can't wait to hear what you do!

Happy Recording!

Matthew
A "brother in arms" so it seems! Well that's perfect, I'm hoping to be able to network and socialize with others trying to get into the VO business, and it seems to all ready be happening. Keep in touch about the projects you work on here.

-Will
RafaTheGreat

Post by RafaTheGreat »

You bet, Will! :thumbs:
Have a good one!

Matt
Dieselman97

Post by Dieselman97 »

hello I am new to reading audiobooks, never done it before all I am starting with is a Bluetooth on my ear and audacity. Hope it all goes well till I can upgrade.

I am pretty good at sounding like other people so I think I'll be ok at reading for others, any tips that might help me in the future let me know, thanks.