Hello Guys!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
DannahDino

Post by DannahDino »

Hi everyone, I'm Susannah Mason, I'm a Senior in High School and I started using this site to help me fulfill my reading requirements since my freshman year. I'd been wanting to volunteer here but it all was so confusing and I didn't have my own computer or recording devices. Now I do, and I'm so honored to be a part of this amazing site. I hope I'll have enough time to record a lot of things here, but I am still in school, so I'll do my best. I already submitted my 1 minute recording, and if you haven't seen it, here it is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_Dannahdino.mp3
I guess I didn't really have to post it here, but there it is if you want to see it.
Thanks for reading this, it's already been a lot of fun and I can't wait to try more!
Susannah Mason
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Hi Susannah and welcome.

When you start, it is best to read a chapter or two of established projects, but once you are familiar with the site and the process, you can branch out to any Public Domain text that interests you.
Poetry is also a popular launch point (see the Short Works forum, dropdown menu at the bottom of the page).

We have a number of high school and college students here and it's a great way to gain confidence in a number of areas (reading out loud and also the technical aspect... don't worry, there's plenty of help if you get stuck). We do find that students have busy lives, and not always predictable, so I'd suggest taking things slowly and only volunteer when you know you have some time. It's very easy to get carried away and sign up for a whole bunch of projects, only to find suddenly you have an exam or term paper looming.

Lynne
DannahDino

Post by DannahDino »

Thanks for the advice and insight! I'll be careful about what I take on, and make sure I'll have time to finish it. I can't wait to check out the books you suggested, and I'll probably start right away.