LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 19th, 2017, 8:12 pm

Post Posted:: October 1st, 2017, 10:15 am 

Hello all,

My name is Jill, I just got myself all signed up and approved. I already uploaded a 1-minute test and now deciding what to record once approved of my technical-ness. :wink:

I'm an unemployed Paralegal student who loves to craft. Looking forward to seeing y'all on the boards :mrgreen:

Post Posted:: October 1st, 2017, 2:42 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Jill and welcome!
When you start, it is best to read a chapter or two of established projects, but once you are familiar with the site and the process, you can branch out to any Public Domain text that interests you.
Poetry is also a popular launch point (see the Short Works forum, dropdown menu at the bottom of the page).

I would recommend starting slowly -- maybe a section or 2 at around 1000 words, until you get comfortable with the process (it's not just reading). Another tip is to pick a children's work (look in the title for 'children', 'kids' or 'juvenile'). They tend to have simpler language and style. You can then move on to works that interest you more.

One of our admins has made a whole load of YouTube videos, which I found very helpful -- search for instructional Videos in the wiki (see ribbon at top of page). But you may like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i3FwSuzOMY about "What shall I read first?"

Lynne

The Last Egyptian 14 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 8 sections remaining

Post Posted:: October 1st, 2017, 4:39 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Welcome!

If no one checks your test before tomorrow evening (eastern time), I'll take a listen. I probably won't be able to do it before then.

We have some listeners that paint and do other crafts while listening. Maybe that's a possibility for you - proof-listening! When you're not recording, of course. ;)

Fiction about jail atrocities: It Is Never too Late