Hello from Britain's old Ooty - Given to India :)

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Arshat

Post by Arshat » October 1st, 2017, 5:14 am

Dear Contributors,

I would first like to thank you all for spending your precious time and recording so people out there, like myself, can explore the power of words. I have been a reader for as long as I can remember. I still read, but not as much as I used to or like to --I have a small problem with my vision that prevents me from doing so. Every time I couldn't pick up a book, I would fall back on you all. I signed up quite a while ago, but haven't done anything useful yet. But I made a promise to myself that from here on, I would try and do my little part, in little ways that I can...

Hopefully, I can be of some use around here :) Wish me luck and thank you once again!

Truly,

Arshat

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet » October 1st, 2017, 2:34 pm

Welcome!
There are plenty of jobs around here, other than reading.
We have a shortage of proof listeners, if that is more your 'thing' http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners You can start slowly, but listening to just a couple of sections before committing to a whole book. Look in the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page for "Listeners and Editors Wanted".
You might want to look at "Volunteers Wanted: Other Projects" in the same menu... if you're more arty, you may be interested in making covers.
There are many volunteers behind the scenes -- and you don't have to restrict yourself if you feel ambitious.
Lynne
I will be on the road this week. I'll check in when I can. Any emergencies, please contact another admin.

Help us finish:

My Strange Rescue 7 sections remaining

Mysteries of London Vol. 3 many sections remaining

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » October 1st, 2017, 4:37 pm

Welcome!

It took me about 4 months from initial sign-up to doing anything. That's a bit shorter than your lag, but yeah - you're not alone. 8-)

Have fun!
Fiction, partly about jail atrocities: It Is Never too Late
Watergate Report, volume 3: Here
E E Cummings' time in French prison: The Enormous Room