LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 12:04 pm

Post Posted:: September 26th, 2017, 12:27 pm 

I'm NEW,HAVE BEEN APPROVED,BUT NOW HAVE TO TAKE THE ONE MINUTE TEST.WHERE DO I FIND THE ONE MINUTE TEST?

Post Posted:: September 26th, 2017, 4:16 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

seyfried wrote:
I'm NEW,HAVE BEEN APPROVED,BUT NOW HAVE TO TAKE THE ONE MINUTE TEST.WHERE DO I FIND THE ONE MINUTE TEST?

Hello and welcome!
The so-called one minute test information is here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
It is not an audition -- you've got this far so we assume you can read 8-) It's more to check your technical specs. Submit your test to the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page) and someone knowledgeable will listen and give guidance if needed.
Lynne

The Last Egyptian 7 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 7 sections remaining

Post Posted:: September 26th, 2017, 4:18 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

You can find the test at http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test . Not a test or audition - just a way to see that your equipment is set up right before you record something big.

Thanks, Todd

Post Posted:: October 7th, 2017, 9:55 am 

I've sent in the I minute test-2 weeks ago- will I ever hear from someone? or am I waiting in error for a response to the one minut test? What happens next? How do I know what's next? Can some one out there advise me.? How do I know when I get a message back/answer?
Thanks-it's getting hard to volunteer...
William Seyfried

Post Posted:: October 7th, 2017, 10:15 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

seyfried wrote:
I've sent in the I minute test-2 weeks ago- will I ever hear from someone? or am I waiting in error for a response to the one minut test? What happens next? How do I know what's next? Can some one out there advise me.? How do I know when I get a message back/answer?
William Seyfried

Hi William and welcome. Yes, it is difficult to wait especially when you are obviously eager to get started. Hang in there! I will check out your test in a few minutes. While i do that, please check out this litttle video about our Forums, jargon and stuff like that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnxpcbnEjoQ&feature=youtu.be . it is short and not too boring! You are doing everything right, it just takes a while for us to catch up. :thumbs:

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

Post Posted:: October 7th, 2017, 10:19 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

seyfried wrote:
William Seyfried

I'm sorry you've been waiting so long for a response. I will head over there and see what's what in a few minutes.
You may be given suggestions on how to improve your technical specs, and asked to resubmit, or given the OK.
Once you've been given the OK, it's a good idea to read something from an established project. Poetry is a popular starting point (you don't have to stick with poetry, if that's not your thing 8-) ), otherwise a section of about 1000 words is not too long, but enough to give you a good taste. You can find things to read in Readers Wanted: Short Works Poetry and Prose; Readers Wanted: Books; or Dramatic Works (where you choose a part, like a play, and read all that character's lines) -- some are plays and some are novels that volunteers have, basically, turned in to plays.
You can find all these forums by looking in the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page.
You may also want to watch this video by one of our admins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i3FwSuzOMY

There is also this one, which may help you become familiar with LV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnxpcbnEjoQ&feature=youtu.be

Lynne

Edit: Ha! The wonderful Phil got there before me :roll:

The Last Egyptian 7 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 7 sections remaining

Post Posted:: October 7th, 2017, 10:21 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

seyfried wrote:
William Seyfried

Hi William. I cannot find your test track anywhere. You need to upload it to our forum Listeners Wanted. here is a video that may help. be patient, you will get there!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oTSlFSoEeY&feature=youtu.be keep asking quetions!

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here