Newbie alert! New member from Florida!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JEBenavides

Post by JEBenavides » September 14th, 2017, 8:58 pm

Hello, it's a pleasure to meet everyone here! I'm very much new, as the subject suggests. Ha ha! Any tips and tricks will always be appreciated! Ciao Ciao!!

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » September 14th, 2017, 9:13 pm

Welcome aboard.
The best tip is to read your welcome email, do your 1 minute test and read something short. Then you know a bit about it all and how you like to read and what you would like to know.

Anne
Our objective is to make all books in the public domain available, for free, in audio format on the internet. - Hugh McGuire.

JEBenavides

Post by JEBenavides » September 23rd, 2017, 10:21 am

Thank you. It was a big help for me! I'm still tinkering with my recording for its "glorious" debut. :lol: :clap: Hopefully it's clear, which is my problem with it right now. :hmm: It's a lot of fun though!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet » September 23rd, 2017, 11:19 am

Hi and welcome!

Sometimes it's better no to tinker too much... over-processing causes 'tinniness' (been there, done that :lol: )
Lynne
Help us finish:

Prisoner of the Mill 1 section remaining

The Great Pearl Secret 9 sections remaining

JEBenavides

Post by JEBenavides » October 18th, 2017, 6:09 pm

Hahaha. Thank you! I did just that.... :shock: now that I think about it, my one minute recording; does it also have to be an older book, poem ,or short story???? Can I do something like Emily Dickinson or J. R. R. Tolkien?? Any recommendations will help a bunch! I did one but it's of a modern story...... :hmm:

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet » October 18th, 2017, 6:29 pm

JEBenavides wrote:Hahaha. Thank you! I did just that.... :shock: now that I think about it, my one minute recording; does it also have to be an older book, poem ,or short story???? Can I do something like Emily Dickinson or J. R. R. Tolkien?? Any recommendations will help a bunch! I did one but it's of a modern story...... :hmm:
We actually have a recommended text for the test. It's designed to show up the most common problems. You'll find it here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Help us finish:

Prisoner of the Mill 1 section remaining

The Great Pearl Secret 9 sections remaining

JEBenavides

Post by JEBenavides » October 20th, 2017, 5:02 pm

Thanks a bunch!