New member fro north west UK

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
banjaxed

Post by banjaxed »

Thank you for letting me join this great forum. I am new to LibriVox and find it remarkable that so
many people give up a lot of their spare time to give pleasure to others, and is the main reason
for me joining this forum to try and give something back. Not sure if the world is ready for a book
to be narrated by someone from the north west of England (Merseyside to be precise) but we will
see where things go. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and helping where I can.

Thank you :)
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Welcome to Librivox.

We have some great readers from nearby Lancashire (eggs4ears and wib66, to name a couple) so I think that you will fit in very well.

Enjoy.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by banjaxed »

Thank you for the welcome Algy Pug.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Hi and welcome.
The best starting point is submitting a one minute test and the team there will guide you on getting your setup right. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test There is no need for an expensive mic... a decent USB mic can be bought for about $20 on Amazon. Of course, you can pay a lot more for a better one, but best to see if you enjoy recording before forking out :D

When you start, it is best to read a chapter or two of established projects, but once you are familiar with the site and the process, you can branch out to any Public Domain text that interests you. Poetry is also a popular launch point (see the Short Works forum, dropdown menu at the bottom of the page).
Lynne