Betty from Mayberry

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
BettyAnn

Post by BettyAnn »

Hello. I'm Betty from Surry County, North Carolina, a wonderful place to visit if you like beautiful valleys, mountains, fishing, fresh air, peace, and friendly people with southern accents, and it's the birthplace Andy Griffith.

Since I listen to Librivox recordings almost daily, and sometimes for many hours while quilting, it only seems fair to give back. So I will begin by volunteering to LP, and see if I can be useful.

I've read some of these introductions, and my life seems rather mundane in comparison. I taught school in my youth and traveled, then married, reared five children, bought a little farm (with too much grass to mow), and now have a backyard full of chickens.

Here's hoping I can contribute something to Librivox.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Hi Betty and welcome.
Do you mean you are interested in proof listening?
We have a shortage of proof listeners, so that would be very welcome.
Here is a guide for proof listeners. The quiz at the end is invaluable.
When you are ready to jump in, if you look in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum (see the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page), you will see some projects that are looking for proof listeners -- you can start with a section or two, rather than claim a whole book. Just post in the thread something like "I would like to proof listen section 8". Some of those projects never had a proof listener, some had one who had to pull out for some reason.

Any questions, please ask.
Lynne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I think Lynne forgot the link to the tips and quiz. It's here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_tips_and_quiz

But then, I see you've already got 10 posts under your belt, so maybe you've moved past this already. ;)

Welcome!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart