Hi! Signed-up today. From WA state.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
valkayburg

Post by valkayburg »

I have been a fan of Librivox since I discovered a recording through an internet search for a paper while going to college as an older student. I love literature and reading classic SciFi authors, especially the little-known women writers who often wrote under male names or gender-neutral names. I am thankful that many volunteers have chosen to record short stories; thus, preserving many wonderful stories that can be listened to in one session.

At Librivox I am able to find older (or deceased), obscure authors on Librivox that I so enjoy; however, there are just as many of these authors in this category missing. Upon my first visits, I noticed this absence and have developed a desire to fill-in the missing writers (stories). I am not experienced with recording audio, but perhaps with the vast resources available on Librivox, I will gain confidence and give it a go.

Thanks
Val Kay
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi val, welcome to librivox!

you will see that there is a big sci fi fan community here at librivox and you will fit right in :)

to get started, best to complete the one minute test and make sure your software and microphone are set up correctly. once that is out of the way all of librivox is open to you. i hope you will be able to add something new to our collections!
Carolin
valkayburg

Post by valkayburg »

Thank you. Good advice. I've noticed the community here is so helpful and embracing.