Book Lover

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Margot

Post by Margot » August 18th, 2017, 8:54 am

Hello Librivox,

I've been a listener for years when on my sailboat in the Caribbean. Those watches at night are long and Librivox was there to save the sailor! I finally bought a computer and it is time for me to step up and pay back some time and effort to a great organization. I'm a born volunteer and can't wait to take on the task of helping with proofing and maybe reading. When I was a school teacher my students loved when I read aloud.

One compliment to Librivox ~ thank you for so much help and support getting familiar with how to volunteer. All of the videos and support wikis are wonderful, clear and easy to understand. Thank you for making it as easy as possible to jump in and practice before getting started.

Margot

barbara2

Post by barbara2 » August 18th, 2017, 6:12 pm

Hi Margot, and welcome. Now you'll be able to save other sailors during the night watches.

Best,

Barbara

Margot

Post by Margot » August 26th, 2017, 8:43 am

Thanks Barbara,

I'll remind them about LV. So many of them love their Kindle but it kills your night vision. No matter what I do the last hour of my watches are hard. But LV has been there for me. Cruise ships are easy to see since they have so many lights but the cargo containers have the fewest lights possible and they move FAST! My little sailboat moves SLOW!

Have a good weekend,
Margot