Hello everyone!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
RepublicOfVermont
Location: δtsopiaV0175 (ψ-accessible only), μultiverse ΚΣΔ π^-.9

Post by RepublicOfVermont »

I'll likely be doing proof listening. I know that's what I'll likely be doing unless the magic contained in so many of LibriVox's books appears in one of the dimensions I'm currently occupying. Or unless medical science (boring and not useful) designs a cure to my as of yet publicly stated disease(s), though they'd have to do so magically. I sense a circular self-argument. It always comes down to inter-dimensional travel and magic, but once you start you literally (and literarily) are simply unable to ... wait ... I think I hear ... are you there? ... I think I see something ... something is ... :help:
WHITE PHOSPHORUS was dropped on Palestine tonight.
RepublicOfVermont
Location: δtsopiaV0175 (ψ-accessible only), μultiverse ΚΣΔ π^-.9

Post by RepublicOfVermont »

This may be considered unorthodox; I'm replying to my own post instead of editing the original. What follows is perhaps simpler for most to follow, as well as more 'informative' of who I am. It is my reason(s) given as to why I want to volunteer for LibriVox.

" [...My] main (sole?) reason spurring my want/need to volunteer for LibriVox follows:

Having been progressively (and quite rapidly) physically disabled by what is termed by our current medical establishment as "Multi Connective Tissue Disease", which is a gently vague way of saying I've got systemic sclerosis, polymyositis, & lupus (though my current lupus symptoms aren't nearly as severe as those of the former diseases). It's made of my active, "normal" (???) self - a voracious reader of books physical - a person no longer able to hold a book long enough to read any longer. I'm now bedridden, have been for over four years, and will be for life (I'm now 46). I'm a philosopher at heart, having especially enjoyed reading the works of Nietzsche and Foucault (one writer whose major works aren't yet Public Domain). I also very much enjoyed those of Art History, especially that history defined as 20th century (Abstract Expressionism, e.g.). I also used to paint, working in nearly strictly oils, and displayed works in both solo and group shows in galleries spanning three states in New England and the Mid-Adlantic regions of the United States. To state this as plainly as I'm able to so do: LibriVox keeps me sane. It's gives me joy when I have none, it comforts me when I most need to be comforted, and it continually expands my mind.

I no longer limit my vision and exploration of philosophy to those works generally defined as such strictly within the confines of the genre proper. I.e., Works of Science Fiction tend to explore a wealth of problems rivaling those of the most revered of philosophers and in so doing reveal fascinating "Ideas-Philosophical" to those open to such revelations. I no longer "think-react" that I'll not enjoy a work simply because it falls outside the confines of what I once knew as those of the "what-I-prefer-books".

Offering my sincerest appreciation,
δηλ "
WHITE PHOSPHORUS was dropped on Palestine tonight.