Kia ora from New Zealand

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
mtlpoeia

Post by mtlpoeia »

Hi all,
I'm from scenic New Zealand, looking forward to joining the community.
As well as books, I'm a big fan of public things, so naturally I've been a Librivox enthusiast for a number of years. I also rate the accessibility and intimacy of audiobooks versus books, and have long wanted to see a broader rangee of works on Librivox, to include more early Antipodean literature and some more classic non-fiction. I have a lapsed background in performance, so I'll be keeping an eye on the Dramatics Works section once I've got a handle on simpler recordings.
Last edited by mtlpoeia on August 2nd, 2017, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello mtlpoeia,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
coalminersdawter

Post by coalminersdawter »

Kia ora, Kiwi friend! I'm american but I lived in NZ for 11 years. 3 in Dunedin and 8 in Auckland! Where are you located? I live in Cleveland Ohio now. So lovely to know someone from the antipodes is our there! Hope to talk soon! Leslie
mtlpoeia

Post by mtlpoeia »

Thanks Stav and thanks Leslie.
Kia ora Leslie - what brought you to NZ?. I'm based in Christchurch at the moment, although I'll likely to move to Auckland or Wellington in the not too distant future. I love Dunedin (long-time Highlanders supporter), and try to go there every winter when I can, to be amongst the mist and the mood and so on. Matt

PS: I should probably add that I have uploaded my 1 minute test. I would be great if either of you would be able to give this a listen and some feedback.