Hello there

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
kelitabrigante

Post by kelitabrigante »

I have an undiluted Scottish accent so I am not sure whether people will find me easy to understand or not.
Honest feedback welcome.
I might be more suitable as a listener !!
Nice to meet everyone
CaptainGoeby

Post by CaptainGoeby »

To be honest I don't like my natural reading voice so I just put on a different voice. My natural voice is more sort of... Well yeh I'm British but I have a sort of Staffordshire/Robbie Williams accent which I don't find to be appealing as a listener but that's just me. If you can find a voice that you feel comfortable with. What I do is record various tests and listen back to them. If you find one that makes you actually want to hear more, as a listener, then that's the one for you.

It's not always about what you say, it's also about the way that you say it.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

There are a number of books , I'm thinking about Sir Walter Scott in particular, that non-Scots find hard to handle any dialect written, so they would be great to have read.
However we don't attempt to match accents to texts in general, you can record Wild West stories , or posh English Stories or even Australian stories if you want and so can everyone else.
And practically no one likes listening to their own voice but you are not performing to an audience , you aree reading to friends who may be unable to read for many reasons or may prefer listening to you read than listen to truckie music and all other points. So do your one minute test to get your setup right, find something in readers wanted forums that appeals to you and read it, and you may find it's addictive or you may hate it, you'll never know unless you try, and even one chapter is a help to someone

Anne
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

kelitabrigante wrote:I have an undiluted Scottish accent so I am not sure whether people will find me easy to understand or not.
Honest feedback welcome.
I might be more suitable as a listener !!
Nice to meet everyone
Let's hear it! I am sure that you are tired of hearing unsuccessful attempts at imitating a Scottish accent. You now have a chance to let us hear how it really should sound.

If people can understand my accent they should have no trouble with yours.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page