Greetings to all!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
CaptainGoeby

Post by CaptainGoeby »

Firstly I'd like to say "thank you" for allowing me to join this fine community!

A little about myself...

I'm situated in, what is occasionally referred to as, "The Haunted Isle" (England.) Some of my hobbies include singing, drawing, digital art, 3D modeling, games design, creating music, animation, playing piano, writing stories, voice acting (generally in my free time) and generally being creative.

I had taken a long long break from most of the aforementioned things, for many years in fact, due to personal reasons. However I'm now hoping to get back into a lot of the things that I used to enjoy doing. Due to the fact that I live with house-mates, I can't really sing as vibrantly as I'd like and I feel a little awkward when I'm recording the voices of various characters because, let's face it, they'd probably think there was a Scooby-Doo exorcism going on in my room!

So I figured why not, for now, stay in the middle? Use my vocals to read stories to others? I do enjoy literature and this sort of thing is something that I've considered doing for a few weeks now. I had sent a few samples to a friend last night and he suggested that I visit this website and volunteer to read stories and such so here I am!

I'll admit that I'm not perfect at this stuff yet because my brain travels at several hundred miles an hour so I occasionally stumble over my words but that's why we re-record lines right? To correct mistakes and perceive new takes! lol. But yeh I figured that I'd not let my microphone just go to waste all because I don't want to disturb my house-mates by singing into it. It's not that I can't sing because I can actually sing, I sing in jam sessions most weeks with other artist, but I happen to live with people who have no interest in being musically expressive.

Anyway I'm going to leave it there and wish you all a great day! I'll look through the poems/stories that are available and see which ones wet my appetite.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi there and welcome!

We definitely love to have an experienced Scoobie-Doo exorcist on here. :mrgreen: I'm not sure you will get paid enough for that line of work, but there is only light exorcisms to do, every now and then.

Have fun on here! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
CaptainGoeby

Post by CaptainGoeby »

To be honest I'm not even sure where to start on here lol. I was going to record a poem but I JUST missed the closing time and date :roll:
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Starting out is very simple: Your very first recording should be the 1-minute test. Just to make sure your equipment can handle all the audiobook reading you will do in the future (and the exorcisms, of course).

If you ahve recorded before, it will be a breeze for you: just upload to our "listeners Wanted" part, wait for your [OK], and then you can read as many poems as you like.... :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
CaptainGoeby

Post by CaptainGoeby »

I have recorded before but mainly prologues just to test the water so to say.

I'll give poetry reading a shot though.