Hugabug008 here!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Hugabug008

Post by Hugabug008 »

Hi, I'm username Hugabug008.

I found out about you through Geek and Sundry's "Signal Boost". I love audiobook recording and have several works published through the Audiobook Creation Exchange (ACX) which I receive royalties on. I also have recorded and edited over sixty works of fanfiction that are posted on Archive of Our Own (AO3) under my fandom username Froggyfun365. I have also participated in several radioplays posted on Youtube and other sites.

I played Cerena Delaissen, a former jedi, in this star wars radio play: https://www.facebook.com/SWTFaS/. I also played the characters of both Mary Winchester and the demon Morgan Masters(in the TV show Meg) in multiple episodes Season 1 of the Supernatural Genderswap Radioplay found here: http://foolsgoldtheatre.podbean.com/p/supernatural-genderswap/ . As well as working on a few other projects. I acted throughout high school and college and now work as a children's librarian performing puppet shows and storytimes each week.

Reading aloud is something my family and I have always done together and working as a librarian with an hour long commute I can honestly say audiobooks make my life possible. With all of the book talks and recommendations to patrons I have to make daily there is no way I would be able get through as many books as I do if I could not listen to them everyday on my way to and from work. Anyway, I think I've rambled on enough. I can't wait to find some projects to work on recording!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hi Hugabug and welcome to LibriVox :)

Looks like you already have some experience with recording (and sound editing?). That will definitely speed up the process of adaptation :) Don't hesitate to ask question when you don't know something, and feel free to browse the forum and watch/listen the materials we've gathered to help new people.

And, most importantly, have fun :D
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS