Learning the craft with y'all

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
allenrubinstein

Post by allenrubinstein »

Hello, everyone

My name is there in the username - Allen Rubinstein. I've got my eye on getting some work in audiobook narration, and this looks like a great place to start working out the vocal cords and learning how to do some long-form performance. I've had numerous people, including a few industry folks, encourage me to go into voice overs. I've imitated dialects and done impressions since I was a kid and, like others around here I'm guessing, was a theater nerd back in my school days. I have an even, steady baritone voice that I've been told is perfect for radio. More importantly, I love to read out loud! My last girlfriend, we'd go to bed frequently with me reading to her and coming up with voices for characters.

Once I decided to go for it, I started getting excited. Generating an income stream with work that's so suited to me will have all kinds of other rewards, I'm sure. I've learned that the industry is hungry for good voices, and it's one of the few performance categories that's actually demand driven. I've gathered some rudimentary equipment and (urk) cleared some space in my bedroom closet that seems to work as a starter studio. Looking forward to adding my dulcet tones to the collective here.

Let's do this!
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

Welcome! I look to hearing you!
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM