Actor/singer/artist, soon-to-be from NYC

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
vinnybove

Post by vinnybove »

Hello all!

My name is Vinny, I'm currently living in Central Florida, although I'll be moving to New York this summer to become a starving artist. :)

I think LibriVox is a wonderful concept, and I've posted to the Readers Wanted Forum for the Short Story collection. I can't wait to become more involved!
Visit Vinny, artist, singer and actor:
www.boveart.com
vee

Post by vee »

Hi Vinny. You'll love New York, even if you're starving :) Let us know when you break in to a show and I can direct some of my family over to see. (I'm assuming musicals and plays)

Let us know if we can help with getting you setup with the recordings.

Good luck!
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
vinnybove

Post by vinnybove »

Thanks Chris! I appreciate the prompt reply, as well as the Big Apple encouragement. I'm looking to break into theatre in any way possible, although my favorite genre is sketch comedy.

As for recording, I have a Mac with GarageBand, which I've used before for recording scripts for memorization. There's a slight fuzziness to the recording (I blame my mAudio MobilePre for that), but it should still be good listening quality. I even have a screen for the microphone that I made myself. :) No popping "p"s here!

In the meantime I'll get to work on genetically-engineering that lactose out of cow DNA for ya.

Thanks again!
www.boveart.com
vee

Post by vee »

I have a lab full of Mobile Pre's and for most general recording it's ok. There is defintely a little bit of a problem with their drivers so your issues could very well be because of that. It's amazing that a company like Avid would exercise such poor quality control. But for the money the Mobile Pre's a nice piece of hardware.
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
vinnybove

Post by vinnybove »

Drivers, eh? I've checked for updates in the past, to no avail, but I haven't checked in a while. Are your MobilePres running on Macs? Have you noticed the fuzziness? I always get very poor input volume on the recordings as well. When I crank the gain, it also cranks the fuzz. Very frustrating...
www.boveart.com
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Welcome Vinny!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman