Hello everyone, from Japan. <(^^)b

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
HiraethWayfinder

Post by HiraethWayfinder »

Good morning from the rural south of Japan! I'm a 26 yo female, almost always covered in flour, my favorite sound is the little scritch-scrach of pattering animal paws, and I make it a hobby to get lost somewhere new at least once a month.

I am very excited to start volunteering here and hope I can be of some use to this site. I am mostly interested in doing recordings, but I'd like to proof listen too.

I already wanted to thank the community for helping me the past few years. After my father passed away, I started to run aimlessly around the onion fields in my town as a stress reliever and I found listening to audio books extremely therapeutic. So...I guess it is time to try my hand at volunteering for once and give back some of the good!

Thanks for reading this far! I will try my best!
よろしく!
Isana

Post by Isana »

ようこそLibrivoxへ。はじめまして。 \(^_^)/
HiraethWayfinder

どうも!<(_ _)>

日本語しゃべれる人がいるかどうか知らなかったです。皆はアメリカかヨーロッパに住んでいるようです。まあ、それでも大丈夫!嬉しい!!
でも、少なくとも問題無し。英語でノープロブレムよ!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'm glad English is no problem for you - will make communication in the forums much easier! :wink:
Where in Europe did you live? And "southern rural Japan" - somewhere in Kyushu?

I myself am from Austria, but I live in Kyoto now.
でも、私のにほんごはとっても下手です。英語をはなしてごめんなせい。

We would love you to record in Japanese to increase our Japanese catalog (I think Isana has especial interest in this!) but you are welcome to record in any language you are understandable in.

First and foremost however: Please get that test out of the way so you can start recording!

Have fun on here! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Isana

Post by Isana »

HiraethWayfinder wrote:どうも!<(_ _)>

日本語しゃべれる人がいるかどうか知らなかったです。皆はアメリカかヨーロッパに住んでいるようです。まあ、それでも大丈夫!嬉しい!!
でも、少なくとも問題無し。英語でノープロブレムよ!
アメリカに住んでいるが、日本語を学びます。日本のことも面白いと思います。

I look forward to your contributions. I hope you will enjoy reading for Librivox. If you haven't done so yet, and like Availle said, try to post a 1-minute test as described here:

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

I hope to see you around the forums often. :) The people here are always ready to help with anything related to making audiobooks.

よろしくお願いします。
HiraethWayfinder

Where in Europe did you live? And "southern rural Japan" - somewhere in Kyushu?

I myself am from Austria, but I live in Kyoto now.
でも、私のにほんごはとっても下手です。英語をはなしてごめんなせい。
Ah...sorry about any confusion I may have caused. I am not from Europe, but my husband is English! I don't really consider where I live to be very "south" but from my experience when most people consider Japan they think mostly of Kanto so I often just add it in by habit because I am more south than there. To be honest, I am actually close to you-- I am on Awaji Island. We have many cows and onions!
Kyoto is so very nice though, I am jealous! I haven't been in a while, but it holds many memories for me.

Also!! I just wanted to say thank you so much for the warm greetings! I am already so happy that the community seems full of such kind people.
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

よろしく, HiraethWayfinder-さん。
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Hello HiraethWayfinder san,

Welcome to LibriVox. I hope you enjoy it here.
I visited Awaji Island long ago. There was a youth hostel near the Naruto Bridge.
At that time the Akashi Bridge was not completed yet. So I took on a ferry at Sumoto.

Cheers,
Masa
HiraethWayfinder

I visited Awaji Island long ago. There was a youth hostel near the Naruto Bridge.
At that time the Akashi Bridge was not completed yet. So I took on a ferry at Sumoto.
Thank you for your visit! I hope you were able to see the whirlpools?
phxtopdog

Post by phxtopdog »

Welcome, HiraethWayfinder.

I admire your desire to "give back" and hope that you enjoy your experiences with LV. In the few short weeks since I joined, I have encountered only generous and helpful people here and expect you'll find no different.

Best,
Ellery in Phoenix.