Hello from Tokyo Japan

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hello both. The test will work for most things in any language . The words are only selected because English speakers can have trouble with sounds like p and f because we make them by blowing air out of our mouth and if the microphone is in front of the mouthit makes banging noises. I don't know if Japanese even has the same sort of sounds ? - we call them plosives (explosives without the ex) , if you do you could try saying them instead.

Anne
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

You can use any text for your test recording. It does not have to be the Peter Piper text! We chose that one because when spoken in English it has some sounds that can cause problems with the microphone (loud breath sounds with the P's, for example). You can send a short recording of yourself reading a Japanese text. We are looking for technical settings like bit rate and volume, so the words you say do not matter very much for the test. Please do leave a few seconds of silence at the end so we can check for background noise.

edit: I take longer to type than Anne does. :)
Laurie Anne
Yoko

Post by Yoko »

Chocoholic-san
Annie's-san

Thank you for your advices. Now I learned I do not have to read the Peter Piper text. then I will look for some short text in Japanese. I think there is not the same problem of plosives because sounds Japanese do not have plosives if it is defined that sounds "p,f" in front position of words. Though there are some words in the middle of the words such as toppatu (=burst), shuppatu(=departure) or keppyo(=freezing over).

To Japanese members!
If you notice anything mistakes what I wrote, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Yoko :D