Hello there everybody!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
stefanjaro

Post by stefanjaro »

Hey everybody!

My name is Stefan Jaro, I'm 23 years old and I'm from Sri Lanka (the tiny country below India).

I was looking for a community of voice-over talent to interact with and came across Librivox on Google search. I was blown away by the amount of work that the community has done. I'm really interested in volunteering, creating audiobooks and developing my talent so that I can perhaps build a portfolio and eventually make a career of it (working from anywhere is the dream). I'm obviously also interested in meeting as many people and learning from them.

I used to be a news reader for an English channel in Sri Lanka, I've done plenty of public speaking and some commercial voiceover work as well - a couple for radio, one for TV and some for corporate profiles. All in English of course.

Can't wait to start volunteering and working with all of you! :)
dii

Post by dii »

Hi Stefan and welcome to LibriVox! :) I'm glad you've found us! LibriVox is a great place to develop your VO skills ;)

Have fun here!
Diana
stefanjaro

Post by stefanjaro »

dii wrote:Hi Stefan and welcome to LibriVox! :) I'm glad you've found us! LibriVox is a great place to develop your VO skills ;)

Have fun here!
Thanks! I can't wait to get started! :)
Amethyst42

Post by Amethyst42 »

I would love to get work doing voiceover, animation, etc, and I'm so glad you have! Have you submitted a test recording yet?
Nice to meet you.
Amethyst