Hi all, another newbie for today!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
OCTL7

Post by OCTL7 »

Hi all,
My name is Lilith, and I have been reading the instructions and looking at some videos, a bit overwhelming at first! I managed to download Audacity and actually recorded my 1 min test, so I am quite pleased with myself so far! :D

I haven't any experience in recording anything at all. I have come across Librivox while browsing here and there. I am a big fan of Internet Archive and Project Gutenberg, for which I have been proofreading on and off for a few years. I decided today is the day to get involved!

Here is my test: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_octl7.mp3
All comments welcomed! I hope I am not doing too badly....

I used Audacity, Mac, and an old analog mic I found. I think it was a set that came with a piano.
-------oOOo--oo------Oo----------

\
(
9<
/) )
_L___§___\|/__§______\|/_____§_______§§_
"For want of a bird / The sky was lost" -- Tom Waits
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

I am not a tech person for the test, but I welcome you Lilith! I didn't have any recording experience when I started either. But it all came together with time!
Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
Trotsa

Post by Trotsa »

Hi Lilith!
Welcome to LibriVox!
I did a quick check on your test and everything looks and sounds good to me, but to get real feedback from the experienced pros go ahead and post it over here: viewforum.php?f=21
Then an admin will come along and 'OK' it and you will be truly cleared for recording. You have a nice voice. :D I hope you enjoy it here!!!
Trotsa

[/size]I am an imperfect person loved by a PERFECT God.
OCTL7

Post by OCTL7 »

pnagami wrote:I am not a tech person for the test, but I welcome you Lilith! I didn't have any recording experience when I started either. But it all came together with time!
Pam

Hi Pam,
Thanks very much for the welcome!

\
(
9<
/) )
OCTL7

Post by OCTL7 »

Trotsa wrote:Hi Lilith!
Welcome to LibriVox!
I did a quick check on your test and everything looks and sounds good to me, but to get real feedback from the experienced pros go ahead and post it over here: viewforum.php?f=21
Then an admin will come along and 'OK' it and you will be truly cleared for recording. You have a nice voice. :D I hope you enjoy it here!!!
Thanks Trotsa! Really appreciate that you checked it out! Since it's my first time, I was quite nervous. I am going to post it in the right forum space. And thanks for the compliment! :D

\
(
9<
/) )
Trotsa

Post by Trotsa »

OCTL7 wrote:
Trotsa wrote:Hi Lilith!
Welcome to LibriVox!
Thanks Trotsa! Really appreciate that you checked it out! Since it's my first time, I was quite nervous. I am going to post it in the right forum space. And thanks for the compliment! :D
Oh i know that nervous feeling so well. Just so you know, it doesn't take long to figure things out, and once you do that nervous feeling disappears and things get even more fun! Cheers!
Trotsa

[/size]I am an imperfect person loved by a PERFECT God.