Savvy in a nut shell~ish

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Savrena

Post by Savrena »

HI all, a little about me...
Currently I teach reading in Florida to 5th graders. I have been involved with acting and singing for most of my life, and I love to do voices and accents. I have done some audio recordings of books for my school, and they are all supporting this adventure!
I fell that listening to audio books is a great way to develop a child's ability to read when parents don't have time to read to them, but they can listen together and then have a great conversation about the book. I found this site late this summer when I went back to school to set up my room. I could not find my CD player :shock: and I wanted to listen to something while I worked. So I looked online hoping for something and I found Sherlock Holmes. I was thrilled that I could listen to something because it was free, and it would play on a district computer!! I listened to the gentleman read and was quite happy. I then found that it was from this website called Librivox, I investigated and was sold! My goals have never been about making lots of money doing something, but to do something that has a positive affect on the world around me. So, here I am with bells on!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Welcome! I hope you have heaps of fun here and spread your enthusiasm for reading and books to all your students :)
Kathrine