Hello from Sweden!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Trumgottist

Post by Trumgottist »

Another newbie here, so you can expect the 1-minute test from me within the coming week (yes, I have read the FAQ ;) ). After that, I noticed this thread, so I think I'll start with recording something in my native tongue, because I know I can do that well. But I'm looking forward to the challenge of reading in English.

(You have some sounds that we don't use in Swedish which are easy to stumble on, but I think I'll be able to do this.)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi and welcome to librivox!

how nice to have an addition to the little swedish language community at librivox! we have quite a lot of listeners in sweden (or so is my impression), so an appreciative audience is waiting for you :)

please let us know if you run into any problems or have any questions. we can help you out :)
Carolin
Trumgottist

Post by Trumgottist »

Thanks for the welcome!

It turns out Alesis has stopped updating their drivers, and the old ones no longer work with Mac OS X 10.11, so I'll have to buy a new audio interface before I can record anything. That was disappointing.

Thinking about getting a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 - I don't think I'll ever buy an Alesis product again, with that level of support.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Hi and welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your technical problems (I know nothing about Macs). Hope to see you over at the scandinavian fairy tales when you have it all sorted out! And please, just ask questions if there is anything you're wondering about :D
Kathrine
Trumgottist

Post by Trumgottist »

It is all sorted, and my one-minute test is completed. If all goes according to plan, you should hear from me in that thread by the end of the week. :)
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Excellent - and again, welcome :clap:
Kathrine