Hello, everybody

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Lady Maria

Post by Lady Maria »

Dear all,

I have been checking the site and it all seems very interesting.
I am French, but can record in French or English.

Sincerely,
Maria
Last edited by Lady Maria on November 12th, 2012, 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
fae

Post by fae »

Hello and welcome Lady!

Have a look around and be sure to check out the Guide for Listeners & Volunteers (the Librivox Wiki) there is a lot information in there.

Unless you are going to read for a play in the Dramatic Works forum, we don't ask for samples. We are happy to hear what you sound like by actually doing a recording :)

That said, if you would like to try your hand at a short work first that would be best, just to work out technical things, not to judge your voice.
anna

Post by anna »

Welcome Lady Maria,

Have fun here :)
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Lovely to have you joining us, Lady Maria.

Have a look through the Reader's Wanted projects, and see what sounds like fun to you. We show the language that's being used in the recording in the thread title, e.g. [SPANISH], [DEUTSCH], etc.

A good way to get started in recording would be to read something for the Multilingual Poetry Collection -- you can choose what you read (as long as it's Public Domain in the US -- usually, printed before 1923) and it'll make sure that all your technicals are in order before getting into a longer reading. (File formats, ID3 tags and suchlike.)

Hopefully the Newcomer's Guide will get you started, but any questions you have please do just ask.

And enjoy!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Welcome Lady Maria!

Have fun here!
Feel free to ask all the questions you'd like!
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]