Greetings from Finland

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Harr1

Post by Harr1 »

Hi!
I'm 30 years old salesman from Finland! I am between jobs atm, so I have whole summer to volunteer here. It is my dream to be working with audio books in future, so this summer should give me some kind of picture of the work. I'll start to read & record after 2 weeks from now, though. I go to oral surgeon to get my wisdom teeth pulled off :shock: in coming days.

I'll be reading literature which is written or translated by my mother tonque (Finnish), my spoken english isn't very good.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Welcome to Librivox! We are happy to have you. :D Remember to do a 1-minute recording before you start recording in earnest. The Librivox catalogue can definitely use more Finnish recordings. :wink: Don't hesitate to ask questions if you need help!
Kathrine
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hello :)
I recall seeing some projects in Finnish, but none are open at the moment. Once you've got your 1-minute test OKed (you'll find an instruction how to record the test in our wiki at the top of the page), you can start by reading something short (the only condition- it's needs to have been published before 1923 to satisfy the US copyright law, and the author needs to be dead since at least 1944 to satisfy the EU law).

You can also try proof-listening, i.e listening to newly-recorded section for technical problems. The projects that need proof-listeners have ~ in front their titles. You'll find a link to proo-listening guidelines in the first post of every thread.

Have fun :thumbs:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
carolb

Post by carolb »

Hello Harr1

There are plenty of Finnish works to choose from at Project Gutenberg, but
do click on the bibrec tab to check the dates Piotre mentioned for EU public domain status. :wink:

Carol
carolb

Post by carolb »

:oops: I should have mentioned that if there is a translator then his/her death date also needs to comply with EU copyright Law.

Carol