Hello from Wisconsin

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
lemanuel

Post by lemanuel »

Hello, everybody! :D I am an English MA student in Wisconsin and I also teach first year comp. I've been curious about voice work for a while, but I always thought it was something you had to "break into." I started recording mp3s of my theory homework so I could listen to them on my commute. I soon wanted to do it to help other people too, so I researched how to make a podcast and ended up here! :mrgreen: My own recordings have been rather undisciplined, so I'm excited to work with the high standards yet creative freedom I've seen so far.

Ideally I would like to do mostly readings of canon lit, poetry, essays, criticism, etc. since I'm studying it all anyway and it would be nice to kill two tomes with one mic. 8-)

Nice to meet everyone!

- lemanuel
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello
lemanuel

welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
lemanuel

Post by lemanuel »

Thank you!
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

hey, welcome fellow gradstudent!
I think that's awesome you've been recording your own readings. the idea of having audioversions of some of my course readings is one reason I'm here, too.
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
lemanuel

Post by lemanuel »

Right? It's so useful, especially for the thicker stuff with giant strings of giant words that you have to read aloud anyway to comprehend.