Hello Everyone

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
GKSpeaks

Post by GKSpeaks »

I am Glenn from College Station, TX, USA.
I am a Quality Assurance Analyst for a financial call center by day. I enjoy cycling in my spare time, as well as dabbling in the world of audio recording. I have always been told that I have a nice voice, but when I tried to audition for several recording studios I was told I needed to develop a more conversational recording cadence. This comes from experience (I am told). Thus, I decided upon LibriVox to provide that experience, and to provide the world with recorded public domain works in the process. I am excited to actually record anything worthwhile for the public at large, and revel in the experience reading for LibriVox can help me obtain.

Best wishes to all who read this. :)
carolb

Post by carolb »

Welcome Glenn!

You might like to wander through the Project Gutenberg Bookshelf.

But first we request the 'one minute test' - just to check the technical stings - not an audition.
After this a few recordings from the 'Readers Wanted' threads, just to get the hang of recording and editing.

Have fun :wink:

Carol
GKSpeaks

Post by GKSpeaks »

Thank you Carol. I have already submitted my 1 minute test and gotten high praise for it, so I'm good to go. I signed up for 2 chapter segments in 1 project and submitted a request in the launch pad for a SOLO work I would like to do. I look forward to tackling the challenge. Thanks for your advice and have a great day. :)
carolb

Post by carolb »

GKSpeaks wrote:I have already submitted my 1 minute test and gotten high praise for it, so I'm good to go.
Mm yes, I can hear why!

Best wishes,

Carol