does this grad student have time for Librivox?

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle » January 14th, 2015, 1:17 pm

hello all. I registered a bit ago during my winter break. I've been shy about actually saying hello, but here I am at last. I have always loved reading aloud to my brothers and roommates and friends, so this massive community-driven audiobook project has been intriguing to me for ages and ages.
and recently one of my graduate research projects sucked the idea of Librivox into its swirling random vortex, and that has pushed me to finally make an account. we'll see if it stays in my research vortex or what. maybe that's one way I can justify spending time here figuring out how audiobook recordings actually happen. I am excited to get involved!
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

wib66

Post by wib66 » January 17th, 2015, 5:39 pm

Hello and welcome. You will be glad you finally took the plunge. It can be nerve wracking to start with but once you get the hang of everything it is great. Just ask if you need any help as there are lots of people on here who can give you advice and guide you. Don't forget to submit your 1-minute test which is just to check your technical specs and is not an audition.

Have fun
Off work now for 10 days so lots of recording, editing and PL ing can't wait.
Lady Huntworth's ExperimentThe Clandestine Marriage Overruled Touch and Go
The BetrothalFrank Merriwells Trust

plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle » January 23rd, 2015, 7:41 am

thank you, thank you. I haven't had a chance to figure out the 1-minute test recording yet, but I will hopefully do it this weekend.

are there other grad students or chronically academic folks around here?
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com