New volunteer from the Pacific Northwest (U.S.)

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Foah

Post by Foah »

Hi all,

I used to volunteer for Project Gutenberg years and years ago, but then I had kids. :D Now they are teenagers and I find that I have a bit more free time. I thought I might re-volunteer with PG, and when I was reviewing the site I found out about LibriVox! I enjoy reading aloud and people say I have a good "microphone voice" so I am giving it a try.

I just ordered a new mic (my dog chewed through the cord on my headset... yes, really) and I'll post my 1 minute test in a couple of days. I am excited to get started!

I love to learn new things and this is one way to expose myself to such things. I have a few degrees in business (finance and accounting) but I plan to read some science-related things. I also enjoy biographies. I've already found a couple of passages I am going to request to record.

Pamela
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi pamela, welcome to librivox!

i was going to write something about posting a one minute test before getting started, but i see you already managed, and really well! background noise is a bugger we all have to deal with :)

there is quite a bit of science around librivox, and biographies as well, so im afraid you will almost find too much that interests you :)

make sure you shout if you have questions or if anything is unclear. enjoy yourself with us!
Carolin
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Welcome to LibriVox, Pamela! I hope you enjoy yourself here! :D
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.