Hello from Dover England

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
malcermie

Post by malcermie »

Hi all, my name is Malcolm and I am a retired engineer aged 69 I live about five miles from the famous white cliffs of Dover and am an avid reader of a wide range of subjects, can't quite keep up with my wife on her Kindle! But I do my best. I read in church so am no stranger to public speaking. My other interests are cycling around Kent and woodwork. Hope to be able to contribute to this wonderful resource and make many friends through the forum.
Malcolm
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi malcolm, welcome to librivox! :clap:

an interest in a wide range of subjects is perfect, then you can enjoy all genres and discover all kinds of works! also, speaking in church will have prepared you for recording very well :)

before getting started, please submit the one minute test. this is not an audition, but we need our recordings to be uploaded in a certain format (bit rate, sample rate, volume etc.), and it is much easier to verify that your set up is fine, or help you with fixing a wrong sample rate if we have a small recording to work with. as soon as you know the test turned out fine, you can claim a part in any project you like!

please let us know if anything is unclear or if you need help with anything.
Carolin
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Hello from 10 miles west of you. Great to see yet another British reader here, Malcolm :).

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
aminminou

Post by aminminou »

Hi Dover, welcome to the beautiful librivox, Lord makes a king of volunteers. :9:
we learn from the past.we forgive for every sad moments.
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Welcome to LibriVox, Malcolm! We're glad to have you! :D
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.