from Algeria new member but old listener

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
aminminou

Post by aminminou »

from Algeria
thank you, thank you so much for librivox. my thanks are for all this community. I would like to help, to volenteer. I have a question a question that was running in my mind
what is the difference between reading a book and listening to it.
how do people of librivox act , I mean how , what I want to say is I'm student in the university in the English Department; and I am confused when I started using librivox I disliked , I didn't like to go to my Department, I felt that I don't want to listen to my teachers of the English Department. So I'm confused. How should I use librivox. Is it good to me to use librivox, I have listened randomly with no purpose, my thoughts was I be better in languages by using Librivox. thank so much. :)
we learn from the past.we forgive for every sad moments.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi and welcome to Librivox. There are lots of really helpful people on here so all you have to do is ask. Have fun.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I think it is important both to read and understand, and to listen and understand. I am sure that listening to audiobooks read by native English speakers from different parts of the world will help you understand different English accents.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
carolb

Post by carolb »

Welcome, aminminou, You don't say why you disliked going to the English Department,
but perhaps your confusion might in some way be related to your listening randomly?

Perhaps it would help if you go to the catalogue page and look for a genre you like, e.g. romance, crime, history, or whatever.
Just type the word into the box at the top right of the page, and then you can pick something that you feel will be worth your while to listen to.

Carol
aminminou

Post by aminminou »

wib66 wrote:Hi and welcome to Librivox. There are lots of really helpful people on here so all you have to do is ask. Have fun.
I am trully happy for having fun with you. thank you
aminminou

Post by aminminou »

RuthieG wrote:I think it is important both to read and understand, and to listen and understand. I am sure that listening to audiobooks read by native English speakers from different parts of the world will help you understand different English accents.

Ruth
:9: I am honestly thankful for these lovely thoughts of you my Sir, I think of being intelligent person, my belief is that the way is through this comunity, what do my good Sir of my good Lord think. Lord makes you an angle of intelligence.
aminminou

Post by aminminou »

carolb wrote:Welcome, aminminou, You don't say why you disliked going to the English Department,
but perhaps your confusion might in some way be related to your listening randomly?

Perhaps it would help if you go to the catalogue page and look for a genre you like, e.g. romance, crime, history, or whatever.
Just type the word into the box at the top right of the page, and then you can pick something that you feel will be worth your while to listen to.

Carol
:9: I am joyfully happy for your way of advicing me, I have many thoughts, I think of being intelectual I think of being in librivox and learn from those beauful and lovely voices, accents, and thinkin of getting an licence in my brance and change to other study I always dream of being a universal intellectual man. Lord makes an angle of representative person.
carolb

Post by carolb »

This is just my opinion, aminminou, but I do not believe that changing to other studies would make you a universally intellectual man.
Better to study what you have decided on now, and then move forward to your next topic of interest to study.

Apart from study we learn along life's path, and reading plays a great part.

'Lord makes you angles in earth'. I think you might mean angels? Image

Carol
aminminou

Post by aminminou »

carolb wrote:This is just my opinion, aminminou, but I do not believe that changing to other studies would make you a universally intellectual man.
Better to study what you have decided on now, and then move forward to your next topic of interest to study.

Apart from study we learn along life's path, and reading plays a great part.

'Lord makes you angles in earth'. I think you might mean angels? Image

Carol

good supporter, good noticer, see you in the top Carol.
carolb

Post by carolb »

Aminminou, please would you refrain from large, heavy, coloured and underlined messages?

If everyone on the forum did the same we would all end up with a headache :cry:

Thank you.

Carol
aminminou

Post by aminminou »

:oops: forgive me I still insist for coloring I see energy in colors.
carolb

Post by carolb »

Forgive me but black is easier for us all to read :wink:

Carol
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi

The problem with some colours is that some of us oldies find the messages really hard to read :D . We set our screens to get a strong contrast between the font colour and the background :D :D

Anne
aminminou

Post by aminminou »

:cry: I see you know the matter very well, forgive me again
carolb

Post by carolb »

Thank you aminminou :)

There is nothing to stop you changing the colour of your signature quote when you feel like it.

Carol