Goodbye Librivox

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

I must retire from Librivox. I was once very active on this forum, so I do not want to just 'vanish' as so many do. I once introduced myself here, and now I will say farewell here. Back in 2008 I was able to record lengthy, scholarly works that I am still very proud of. But times change, I have more professional writing projects than ever, I have a couple additions to the family, I have several new interests that I wish to pursue - all this boils down to say, regrettably, that I no longer have the time to devote to Librivox. Perhaps someday I will return to record something I find interesting, but I do not see that happening in the near future. So goodbye Librivox, thank you to the prooflisteners who took interest in my rather esoteric reading interests, and all the volunteers who made this incredible forum!

best wishes - JoeD
Cori

Post by Cori »

Oh! I'm sorry to see you go, Joe, and really appreciate you taking the time to say goodbye rather than just disappearing. Best of luck with all your new projects, especially the new additions. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Thank you, Joe! It saddens me when people just disappear. We worry, you know ;). You will always be welcome back.

Wishing you well with your new interests.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We'll miss you :D . thank you for all your thought provoking additions to our catalogue and come back if you ever have the time and the inclination - it's a good hobby when you retire so it seems.

Anne
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Take care Joe, and good luck!

And as Anne says - you may be back before you know it :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
msfry

Post by msfry »

Sorry to see you go, Joe. I've enjoyed working on several interesting projects with you. Saying goodbye to your LV friends is a wonderful thing to do. Please be safe, have fun, and check back in from time to time.