Another hi from London

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Chrisczech

Post by Chrisczech »

Hi all.

I'm Chris (aka Czechchris) from London UK.

I am new here, but already have my 'feet wet' with a chapter of Our Mutual Friend and a solo project ongoing (Idle Thoughts Of An Idle Fellow by Jerome K Jerome).

I have an ongoing problem with my heart, which means I am unable to work so I have some free time, and I was so glad to come across Librivox. I love books (recently I discovered the writing of Solzhenitsyn and I am hooked on his work at the moment), and reading aloud, so Librivox is a godsend.

I used to read aloud to my wife (all the books of Dickens except A Christmas Carol, a few Thomas Hardy, Anthony Trollope, Vanity Fair, and even War And Peace!) and now I can read aloud to a wider audience.

Why Czechchris? I love the Czech Republic, have many friends there, and have had some wonderful holidays there. I struggle with the language, but can usually make myself understood. (What a pity The Good Soldier Svejk is not PD yet!)

I am glad to be part of this great project and hope my feeble contributions can contribute to the worthy goal of making great publications freely available in audio format.
[url=http://librivox.org/idle_thoughts_of_an_idle_fellow_by_jerome_k_jerome/]Idle Thoughts Of An Idle Fellow[/url] / [url=http://librivox.org/the-triumphs-of-eugene-valmont-by-robert-barr]The Triumphs Of Eugene Valmont[/url]
anna

Post by anna »

WELCOME Chris,

Have fun here, but you are already having that :D

Greetings Anna
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
fae

Post by fae »

Glad to have you Chris!

Keep up the good work :)
Cori

Post by Cori »

Good to have you hear, Chris!

Feeble contributions -- pshaw! You're doing Jerome ... that's fabulous -- thankyou!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Welcome, Chris! It's great to have you among us!

David