Hi Cori

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
CatherineEvans

Post by CatherineEvans »

I sent you my test recording. So so excited!!!!!! I think I sent it correctly Listen to it ok
Thanks. Ready to volunteer short works. Yeah!!!!!!
Catherine
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hello :) How did you send the test recording? Did you place it in Cori's folder in the uploader? The way we prefer it is when you upload the test file to the specially designated folder called "tests" (it's towards the end of the drop-down menu in the uploader) and then post the link in the "Listeners Wanted" subforum.

Anyway, welcome to LibriVox :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Cori

Post by Cori »

Ah, I found the file! http://uploads.librivox.org/cori/test_yourforumcatherineevans.mp3

That's a beautifully expressive reading of a pretty bland text, Catherine. :D I'd recommend posting the link above in a new topic in the Listeners Wanted forum Piotr mentioned, as there are a few tweaks and changes needed to polish things up. Still, it's good to hear you, I'm looking forward to seeing what projects you pick first.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
CatherineEvans

Post by CatherineEvans »

ok all when I did my recording it only gave me a selection of all of these names to send it to. How do I get my recording to all so I can get input.. I thought I followed the directions what do I need to do?? Back to the drawing board. I will try to post in Listener wanted
carolb

Post by carolb »

Just follow those names in the box down to where it says tests tests, and click on that. But as you've already posted a link to your test in the Listeners and Editors thread, it will be found. :wink:

Welcome, Catherine!

Carol
Cori

Post by Cori »

Ah, I think there's a little terminology confusion, Catherine, sorry about that! There are two steps to "sending a file" here. First is making it go from your computer to the LibriVox computer, which is done using the uploader page. The second is to announce somewhere in the forum that you've sent that file.

There's no automatic notification that new files have arrived through the LibriVox uploader, so it's always important to copy the URL that appears in the uploader window once the file has finished sending, and post it somewhere here. (Usually into a project thread, where the BC and PL are expecting it. Tests are a bit different, and really, more confusing! But the good thing is, once you've got the hang of the system with the tests, real projects will be easy in comparison :D)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!