WOW...SO MUCH TO LEARN

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
greenwood

Post by greenwood »

I WILL HAVE TO COME BACK TOMORROW.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Please do. And the next day. :D

You're very welcome here, and don't worry about how much there is to learn ... once you've gone through the process a few times, it'll fit into place and make sense. Maybe you'll probably be here helping out the newbies in between recordings.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
greenwood

Post by greenwood »

Thanks. For starters I have never gone one forum for anything in my whole life so I was kinda wondering where I should start typing...but after a while I figured that out. Maybe. :roll:
greenwood

Post by greenwood »

Ok. Will someone please show me where to initially start to type. I know this sounds so dumb...but ummmm I really don't know ????
Cori

Post by Cori »

Oh, that's not dumb at all. At the bottom of each discussion is a 'post reply' thread, so clicking that usually gives you a new place to type. We have a few threads in the forum which are locked, so you won't be able to reply to those. But most of them are good to go. Everything we type here is either a reply to an existing thread or else a new topic.

If you want to start a new topic -- well, I guess you figured that one out already, since we're in a topic you created. Again, a few places in the forum are locked, so you can never 'do things wrong' by mistake. :D

Did that answer the question, or were you thinking of something else?
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
carolb

Post by carolb »

First of all, welcome!

I probably sound even dumber, because I don't know what you mean. :hmm:

You have succeeded in typing these messages in this thread. :clap:
You do exactly the same in all the other threads on the forum.

Next step is to click the links in your welcome e-mail. The wiki tells you all you need to know, and Phil's videos guide you through the processes you will need: Recording, editing, and uploading for starters, but plenty more besides.

The one minute test is not an audition, just a check on the technical stuff - which could save hours of frustration later.

Don't worry - and have fun :wink:

Carol

EDIT: See how slowly I type - or how quickly Cori does!
greenwood

Post by greenwood »

Thanks for the encouragement!!!! Also, where would I be reading the chosen book or poem, etc. text from? My computer??? I would need to enlarge the text in order to read it well.
greenwood

Post by greenwood »

okay. that was pretty big.
so I know how to do my post...So as not to confuse anyone :shock: How will I access the written word to read it...and then read it out loud?? :help:
carolb

Post by carolb »

There have been more recent discussions, but this might help:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28367&start=0

As for finding text: If you go to the Readers Wanted threads (Books, Dramatic Works), you will find a link to the text in the first post of that thread. For the Poetry/Prose thread, you can choose anything that was published in 1922 or before (that's the general rule) The host site storing our work is in USA, so we adhere to their copyright laws.

Bartleby is a good site for poems, and there's a wealth of stuff in Project Gutenberg.

Hope this helps.

Carol
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Welcome to Librivox. We are a very friendly bunch on here so ask if you need any help and enjoy yourself. :D :thumbs:
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi