Hello from Columbus, Ohio!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
BethMullett

Post by BethMullett »

My name is Beth, and I was introduced to LibriVox when I had my iPhone. I used to listen to recordings to and from work, when I worked in an incredibly stressful place. It helped me unwind, so by the time I got home I was calm and ready to be with my family. I remember thinking as I was listening how much I would love a chance to be a part of it - so now, here I am! :)

I am 37 years old, a former singer, and spent almost 20 years as an executive level administrative assistant. I was diagnosed with Chiari Malformation Type 1 in December of 2009, and that has kind of changed my life as I know it. I was married my husband in February of 2010 (he has three kids, I have three kids, FIVE of them are girls. It's fun!), and had brain surgery in March of 2010. In 2012, I had some massively traumatizing events happen, and wound up with PTSD. So now I'm home, working on healing, and finding myself with nothing but time.

I have done some voice work on the Second Life platform, commentating virtual sports events. I used to sing both in real life and in Second Life. I love computers, love old literature, love life. I'm very excited to be here, looking forward to diving in and getting my feet wet, and getting lots of guidance.

Nice to meet you!
*~*~*~*~*
Beth Mullett
brightspot at gmail.com
Joined 4/29/2013, LONGTIME LibriVox fan!
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Welcome to LibriVox, Beth! We're glad to have you! :D
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
sonnethaiku

Post by sonnethaiku »

Hello and welcome, Beth!

I saw that you put your email address in your signature line. You might opt to take out the @ symbol, to make it a little harder for bots to harvest your email address. ;-)

Are you planning on reading and proof-listening? If you plan to read, your next step is to submit a 1-minute sound check in the Listeners Wanted forum. There should be instructions included in your welcome email.

Glad to have you aboard!

~ Chessie Joy
~ Chessie Joy
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Welcome to LibriVox, Beth! :clap: We're always glad to see to see new volunteers! :thumbs: