Hello from Germany - new reader and/or proof listener

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
julie

Post by julie »

Hey everyone,
I´ve been listening to librivox recording for a while and have now decided to do my part - because you´re all doing a great job!!! :clap:
I just uploaded my first 1-minute test. Feel free to listen and give me some feedback: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=46209

I already browsed the forum for some german projects but could not really find any which were open for new readers... Maybe I was looking in the wrong places?!? If there´s nothing to read at the moment, I´d also jump in as proof listener for english or german texts. This might help in the reading process, anyway. Do you have any tips on how to get started??

Thanx,
julie

julie.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Grüß Dich Gott, Julie

Schön, der Zuwachs an Deutschen :).
julie wrote: I already browsed the forum for some german projects but could not really find any which were open for new readers... Maybe I was looking in the wrong places?!?
Don't know where you looked, but it is indeed kind of easy to miss some projects. Maybe that helps:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=44566
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=41021
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45223 (not special German but free for all languages)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42985

Well, should be enough to start with :lol:
If there´s nothing to read at the moment, I´d also jump in as proof listener for english or german texts. This might help in the reading process, anyway. Do you have any tips on how to get started??
Except of reading http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners I'd suggest you just jump in. Look for projects that do not have a DPL (and maybe it is a good idea to ask in the project, although in the multilingual collection I didn't ask either and am still alive and feel very well :oops: They are all very friendly here :) )
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Welcome to LibriVox, Julie! We're glad to have you! :D
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
sonnethaiku

Post by sonnethaiku »

Greetings and welcome, Julie! We're always glad to have more multi-lingual readers and listeners. Glad to have you here.

~ Chessie Joy
~ Chessie Joy
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Welcome to LibriVox, Julie! :clap: We're always glad to see to see new volunteers! :thumbs: