Introduction and Thanks from New Mexico

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
moiramccoy

Post by moiramccoy » January 17th, 2013, 2:24 pm

Just want to say "Hello" to my new online community! :roll: Hoping I'll be more help than hindrance here, as I find myself stumbling around so far. Had to really _think_ about how, even, to post to this forum. Ach. Lots of help from Graceyy007 -- THANK YOU. Though I would have thanked you in direct response to your own post, except that I couldn't figure out how! The only option I saw was "new topic," which didn't _seem_ to be what I wanted, but maybe I'm just not familiar with the lingo yet. So, if anyone sees this: first, thank you "Graceyy007," I shall follow up on all your advice tomorrow -- I too obviously need a routine. And thanks, "KiltedDragon" for the calm reassurance (I might be considered BarefootDragon....no, StilettoDragon.....um.....MoccasinDragon; you get the idea). I shall try my one-minute tomorrow as well. Fingers crossed.

AND, glad to be here, really glad. I like the project very much, and am happy to be able to practice my voice acting chops more-or-less, so it really feels like a win/win. NICE, LibriVox.

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit » January 17th, 2013, 4:41 pm

Welcome to LibriVox, Moira! We're glad to have you! :D
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.

moiramccoy

Post by moiramccoy » January 25th, 2013, 9:49 am

Hi, Hobbit! Thanks so much for replying -- I see you do this as a routine, but I want you to know it means a lot to me as a new user. In fact, I've done zero in these sorts of environments, so I'm even learning simply how to use a forum! This gives me some practice.

On a more specific task: does your link to something having to do with a LMayA book (Thanksgiving) mean that you are making an invitation to folks to go to that book as a task? I'd LOVE to read that book -- just follow the link you provided, and then follow intuition/instructions?

I'm going to devote the morning, at least, to LibriVox work (with any luck), so I'll go do my trial recording, and then come back here to see if you've answered. Thanks again.

Moira

moiramccoy

Post by moiramccoy » January 25th, 2013, 10:51 am

So, now I'm trying the second: "The Recording Process: Is it Magic?" and it won't load past 1:50......

Moira

RuthieG

Post by RuthieG » January 25th, 2013, 11:54 am

You did exactly the right thing, Moira! It is easier for everyone to spot each new member and not miss anybody, if each of them starts a new introduction thread.

When you do want to reply in a topic (also called thread) that someone else has started - for instance, to claim a chapter in a group book that is being recorded, just look at the top just underneath the subject line, and you will see a button that looks like this: Image. Click that, and you will be posting a reply within the topic/thread.

If you are unfamiliar with forums, it does take a while to get used to it, but I promise you that it will soon be second nature, and if you ever have any questions, there are always plenty of very helpful people around.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding