Hi a newbie here from Texas

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Pilan

Post by Pilan »

Hi all, its amazing what a person can find out in a search for audio books. What led me here was a mpeg I purchased for my daughter to see if it takes audio books. Then I saw in the line up libribox so I clicked on it.
I used to record books for my children on tape. It helped them to read and understand better.

I would love reading poetry and short stories. I have a poetry book recorded in the book of congress in 1897 that would be fun to record.

This maybe a fun project to put on the schedule for the new year.

I would need a recorder that I could download on my pc first and I do not have the slightest idea how to do this. I would have to figure this one out .
Well, I will keep checking in to see what is new here.

P
kristin

Post by kristin »

Welcome Pilan.

Have a look at this page to get you started on recording: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording

Most of us use Audacity.

Once you've got the technical end worked out, (feel free to ask as many questions as necessary, there is always someone around to help) you might want to check out the short works section, Weekly Poetry is always a good place to start.
anna

Post by anna »

WELCOME Pilan,
Have fun here :)
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
Pilan

Post by Pilan »

Thank you both. I look forward to getting started. Right now, I need to finish a painting for a local exhibit due today but I was able to push up to Monday :wink: to much shopping these last few days.

Take care and have a great week.

P