Hey folks!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
fuzzybutchkins

Post by fuzzybutchkins »

Hi guys! I wandered into this site a few months ago, and thought i'd introduce myself. My name's Meredith, I'm 25, from eastern PA, I'm a Pisces, I like long walks on the beach and fiddling with audio files. I'm trying to rekindle my love for audio production by starting a podcast, and i thought i'd knock off the cobwebs by doing something for librivox.

So, where do I start? I have a copy of Reviews, a collection of articles by Oscar Wilde that I've been fiddling with, and I have one article done right now so far.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hi there!

The place to stick that is the current Short Stories collection (it takes essays too, which I gather is what these are). Head over to Readers Wanted: Short Works, you'll find the thread right off.

Looking forward to hearing your voice!

-Catharine
fuzzybutchkins

Post by fuzzybutchkins »

Nifty, thanks!

just out of curiosity, though, is there a distinction here between short stories as individual entities and published collections?
kayray

Post by kayray »

Yeah, we'd catalog a single short story in one of our Short Story Collections. If you want to read a whole group of short stories, you could post in Going Solo, or if you wanted to get other readers to help you, you'd post in Readers Wanted. Each of those sections has a sticky "Read Me" post at the top to help you get started :)

And it's a good idea to read the Guide here: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi

And give a yell if you have any questions!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
fuzzybutchkins

Post by fuzzybutchkins »

Thanks, Kayray, will do. I'm really good at yelling, don't you worry. ;-)
anna

Post by anna »

WELCOME

Have fun here :D
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.