SOME COOL TUTORIAL VIDEOS TO GET YOU STARTED

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Please don't post the username/password for our uploader in plain text - it's an image for a reason...
The end of the password is a lower-case L, not a number. :D

As for your second question, well, if you can't login to the uploader there's not much to see...
Once you do, the choices will be obvious. :wink:

Don't forget to post the link you'll get in the "Listeners and Editors Wanted" forum for checking.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

Hi, I'm finding my way around and tried to select the "The DPL and the Magic Window: A Marriage Made in Heaven_New DPLs (Dedicated Proof Listeners) sometimes are not aware of how to get into the Magic Window and post their listening results. This video simply explains how to do that. It does not cover the actual duties of a DPL which are complex and wonderful." video but it is not available. Is this a technical issue? Thanks.
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

DOLZ wrote: December 19th, 2020, 9:05 am Hi, I'm finding my way around and tried to select the "The DPL and the Magic Window: A Marriage Made in Heaven_New DPLs (Dedicated Proof Listeners) sometimes are not aware of how to get into the Magic Window and post their listening results. This video simply explains how to do that. It does not cover the actual duties of a DPL which are complex and wonderful." video but it is not available. Is this a technical issue? Thanks.
I am so grateful you told me about this. Some of the videos have becomed unlinked or whatever and I don't know about it until someone takes the time to tell me. I will hopefully fix it this morning! Let me know if anything is confusing; just ask! :D
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

DOLZ wrote: December 19th, 2020, 9:05 am Hi, I'm finding my way around and tried to select the "The DPL and the Magic Window: A Marriage Made in Heaven_New DPLs (Dedicated Proof Listeners) sometimes are not aware of how to get into the Magic Window and post their listening results. This video simply explains how to do that. It does not cover the actual duties of a DPL which are complex and wonderful." video but it is not available. Is this a technical issue? Thanks.
Oh dear, where did you find this descript ion and link? I can't find it to fix it!!!!! :shock:
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

Happy to help. Please bear with my while I retrace my steps.
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

Okay. Please let me know if you need clarification.

BOARD INDEX/New Here? Introduce Yourself

BOARD INDEX/About LibriVox/New Here? Introduce Yourself/SOME COOL TUTORIAL VIDEOS TO GET YOU STARTED..LIBRIVIDEO

LIBRIVIDEO/For Volunteers/ LibriVox Process:

Quick Links Index/The DPL and Magic Window: A Marriage Made in Heaven
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Thanks :thumbs: It took me awhile but I have fixed the link to that video. Cool that you are so curious!!!! keep asking questions.
CynCee

Post by CynCee »

Thank you Phil!

I watched a few of these and they were so helpful! A wonderful resource!

Cynthia
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

CynCee wrote: January 9th, 2021, 8:53 am Thank you Phil!

I watched a few of these and they were so helpful! A wonderful resource!

Cynthia
Why thank you Cynthia. Please let me know if there are any topics you feel would benefit from a video explaining them.
SkyborneLove

Post by SkyborneLove »

"All I'm saying is that the house doesn't fill up with annoying fruit flies when I buy donuts"

That has to be one of the funniest things I've read. :mrgreen:

I'm new to LibriVox, and I've found my way through most of these on my own-- but thank you for the videos, they'll be a helpful nudge in the right direction when/if I lose my way again! Thank you!

--Sky
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I'm new to LibriVox, and I've found my way through most of these on my own-- but thank you for the videos, they'll be a helpful nudge in the right direction when/if I lose my way again! Thank you!

--Sky
Thanks Sky. Have fun recording and ask if anything is confusing. Image
BakerBob

Post by BakerBob »

Really appreciate your tutorials. Have gone through Audacity and will be downloading it to get more acquainted. Thanks again.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

BakerBob wrote: April 29th, 2021, 12:35 pm Really appreciate your tutorials. Have gone through Audacity and will be downloading it to get more acquainted. Thanks again.
Excellent! Look forward to seeing you on the LibriVox Forums. :thumbs:
SunnyG

Post by SunnyG »

Somehow, last weekend I totally missed this thread, and then just now skimmed down the titles there on the first post, thinking I guess I don't need any of these, I fumbled through most of that on my own... and then, missed the two links to video collections. :oops:

Then, reading DOLZ's posts, decided to take a look at what he was looking at... and LO AND BEHOLD! I actually wanted to ask someone last week if there was a repository of helpful videos, after you had left one for me in the thread I was making a lot longer about troubles with my test recording... And here it is! Exactly what I wanted to find. :clap: :clap: Thank you for making all these videos! They are very helpful. :mrgreen: I also thank everyone for their patience for us newbies... I am sure you guys do a lot of leaving the same info around for many different people... and for those of us who feel things shouldn't be too hard and decide to do things on our own (and might be a little impatient) and skip all the official helpful things that are already posted... :D

Now, I want to know how you, phil, have smilies that the rest of us don't have access to... I feel so limited with the 20-whatever I am relegated to using... :lol: I need more!

~ felicia
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi Felicia and it's great that a video helped. I know how much I fumbled and was bewildered when first starting to record and want to help others avoid as many pitfalls as possible. And yes, we try to make our welcome email full of great information (including links to my videos) but eagerness leads most people to just jump in.

But you have found us now!!! Image I have smilies that others don't because I found them on the web, and keep a doc open all the time with a list of 'em. Just copy and paste into my messages. Love 'em!!! Used to have a lot more but the web sites went away. You can actually copy mine to use by clicking on them and saving I think. Maybe a video on how to do that, eh?????????? Oh and about my videos, I am i the process of removing a bunch that are old and creaky and making new ones. Life is just full of fun Image

EDIT : if you ever have any suggestions on possible tutorials or topics or ones that need fixing please let meknow.