Hello from Boulder, Colorado

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

Hello!

Niki here. I only just found out about LibriVox in the past week or so, and only signed up for the forum in the past 24 hours (or so). I'm a long-time volunteer reader for the Audio Information Network of Colorado (a state-wide broadcast for the blind, visually impaired, and print-handicapped -- many of y'all probably know the drill :D ), currently reading a couple hours per week in English (job ads) and a couple in Spanish (news, parenting magazine). What I love best is reading fiction and poetry aloud -- my husband and I have a long history of sharing books and stories with each other that way, and, as an author myself, I have vague plans to record for download some of my own shorter works with maybe music and clever sound effects in the background... just as soon as I find the time.

I'm really looking forward to helping the community record the public domain into audiobook format. I've popped some "readers wanted" threads into new tabs, and will probably apply to a project just as soon as I've had a bit of sleep. And as soon as I've read all the newbie FAQs two more times. And as soon as I get my Thursday reading done. And clean the house for our friend's visit this weekend. And...

NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY WANT MORE PLS
carolb

Post by carolb »

Hello Nicole,

Welcome to Librivox.
You have a great background, and it looks as though you're finding your way around.

The One Minute Test is highly recommended, not as an audition, but to ensure that your technical settings are as required for Librivox.

Have fun! :wink:

Carol
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

Thank you! The One-Minute Test is the first thing I plan to do.
Nicole J. LeBoeuf. It rhymes with "I write stuff."
Recently completed: Orlando: A Biography (Virginia Woolf)
Say hi on Mastodon!
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

Hello! It's 10 years later and I have finally uploaded my very first 1-minute test. I don't know what happened except that LIFE got in the way.

Since my initial introduction, I have retired (this year) from volunteering for AINC, which just might be why I have at last found time to make good on my intentions to record for LibriVox. I've done a bit more fiction narration of my own work too - mostly of the short-shorts I've been posting to my Patreon (that would be those "vague plans to record for download some of my own shorter works"), but also I've been a guest on Story Hour and ephemera, and had the opportunity to record the podcast of my short story published in Apex Magazine.

I had started skating roller derby shortly before I started this thread, and I'm happy to say I'm still at it. Which has very little to do with narration except it might also explain where all the TIME went.

Anyway, glad to be here for real after all this time! Hi!
Nicole J. LeBoeuf. It rhymes with "I write stuff."
Recently completed: Orlando: A Biography (Virginia Woolf)
Say hi on Mastodon!