Lew is New

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
lshadoff

Post by lshadoff »

Hello all.

I am 67 years old, born in New York City, and have a Ph.D. in Chemistry from Kansas State University. I currently live in south Texas. My interests are diverse:

I am a consultant in environmental chemistry, particulary dioxins (See my dioxin web site)

I am a certified mediator in the state of Texas, and am a Technology consultant to South Texas College of Law, Frank Evans Center for Dispute Resolution. I am doing research applying technology to dispute resolution. For example, we have had active programs for:
- resolving disputes over the Internet
- coaching divorcing parents via the Internet on how to minimize the effects of the divorce on their children
- mentoring students in alternative school, via the Internet, on anger management and self empowermant. (See the web site) [Project is currently dormant]

I create web sites mainly for non-profit organizations (e.g. STLE, Resolution Forum)

I modify cars (My car's web site)

I play the classical guitar [Currently working on the piano works of Scott Joplin transcribed to guitar]

I am looking forward to participating in LibriVox. I have fond memories of my mother reading stories and nursery rhymes to me and would like to share this with others.
Lew
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

Wow! You have a wide range of interests, Lew. Welcome to Librivox!
Paula B
The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
http://www.writingshow.com
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Lew, you're quite the Renaissance man! Welcome to Librivox! I think having been read to as a child is a common thread among many of us. I'm currently doing chapters of Anne of Green Gables and it brings back many fond memories of my mom reading it to me as a little girl. Welcome again and I look forward to hearing your recordings!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman